Before you go too far with building out your Entity in your account, you’ll want to add yourself if you're working in a separate business account and any business partners to the Entity so you all have access. To do that, select the gear next to the Entity you created. From the Entity list, find the Entity you created for yourself, it is most likely the only one. Select the followers (center) icon on right that will bring up the Followers. In the picture below you can see that Pivot Point Enterprises is the Entity and Entity Owner, and both Frank And Mikkel (partners) have been added as Admin. You will want to do that for yourself, and if you have a partner, add/invite them as well.
There are two ways to invite a follower:
- Start typing their username and a list of possible matches will appear until you type the full username, like j-o-h-n-d-o-e, will display johndoe, johndoe1, etc.
- Type in the email address of the person you want to invite. If they already have a Doc&Do account, they can login and be connected right away. If they do not have an account, they can create it to access the content you are sharing.
ROLES (Assigning Followers to the appropriate access level):
Roles are how you assign access privileges to people during the adding followers process. Roles can be different for the same person at various locations within the Entity, but the hierarchy of any role granted will always carry that role to all the children (dependencies).
- Admin (add/modify/delete all) – Can only be assigned at the Entity level. This gives this person the right to do anything within your Entity including creation and deletion of content and business structure. Use this role VERY wisely. It really is intended for the owners or very key decision makers.
- Manager (add/modify/delete where added) – Gives this person the right to create and delete content at the level they are assigned this role and can add other Managers, Users, and Guests provided the resources are available. A Manager can view all followers who have been invited to this content.
- User (add/modify where added) – Gives this person the right to edit and comment on content. This person is an active collaborator on content such as updating processes and policies that are assigned them. They cannot invite other Users or Guests to the Entity, nor can they see other followers other than the Managers or Owner of the content. This is provided for your confidentiality.
- Guest (view only where added) – Gives this person the right to view content including downloading files associated with shared content. This person cannot make changes to anything in the content shared, nor can they view other followers except Managers and Owners. Again, this allows you to share sensitive information with competing parties without disclosing who each of them are to one another.